Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Week 1!

So it's Week 1 of the official 12 week Training Plan!

I've gone for the 'Intermediate Plan' which you can see below:


It means getting out on the bike 4 times a week which is a bit of a step up from the 2 sessions a week I've been doing over the winter. The first 4 weeks looks pretty kushty in terms of pushing the limits but I'm already dreading the longer rides that the plan has in store for the weeks after. Pretty stupidly I've trained my body to endure about an hour on the turbo (anything more is boring) so I'm fairly sure it's going to shut down on me when the rides start pushing 4-5 hours.

The weather this week has been pretty banging so I've been out for two evening rides already. Found some awesome scenery exploring north of Reading. Think I'm going to have a lot of fun in the Chilterns over the next few months.





I'm hoping to fit in a turbo session tomorrow even though it's a rest day as I'm buggering about with gliders this weekend so not sure how much cycling time I'll get. Anyway, here's my week so far with the Strava links:

Monday: 42.4km - 1:34 - 27.1kph
Tuesday: Rest day. Ate some cake.
Wednesday: 40.5km - 1:26 - 28.3kph

No comments:

Post a Comment